This position is responsible for providing complete housekeeping care and services for all buildings on Georgetown College campus.
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Adhere to College Policy and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the College
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet Department productivity standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mop all non-carpeted floors; vacuum and extract all carpeted floors
- Remove and dispose of waste
- Operate polishing and cleaning equipment
- Wash windows inside and outside
- Strip and refinish specified floors
- Move furniture
- Wash walls and clean ceilings
- Clean air vents and elevators
- Remove, wash and replace blinds
- Collect recycling from the buildings around campus
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience — High school diploma or its equivalent or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication / Language — Requires effective oral and written communication skills and basic interpersonal skills. Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Mathematical — Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10′s and 100′s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning — Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations — None required
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment – None required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to high, precarious places
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Outside weather conditions
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Close vision
- Normal Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday
- 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch
- Overtime as necessary to meet the demands of the position