This position supervises the day-to-day operations and staff of the Publishing and Duplicating Services of Georgetown College.
EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE:
- Adhere to¬†College Policy and Procedures
- Act as a role¬†model within and outside the College
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a¬†positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate¬†regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrate flexible¬†and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet Department productivity standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain job log and files in an organized fashion
- Oversee data entry of monthly¬†billing to be sure it occurs¬† in a¬†timely, accurate manner
- Maintain inventory levels and¬†supplies to complete scheduled and anticipated workflow
- Complete Image Center reports and other paperwork as necessary
- Work with Ikon staff to¬†compile reports
- Handle incoming telephone¬†calls in a professional, courteous manner
- Respond to quote requests
- Communicate regularly with the AVP for Auxiliary Services
- Communicate effectively with¬†both Georgetown College Campus community and Georgetown business community¬†to develop and maintain business for the image center
- Contact maintenance and service staff for both Ikon and Pitney Bowes promptly when equipment¬†service is required
- Manage student workers hours to best suit the image center workflow
- Ensure that location is properly staffed by matching employee skills and equipment with production demands
- Provide training on workflow and machine operations when necessary
- Ensure payroll accuracy by¬†overseeing and correcting all time entries as needed
- Maintain efficient workflow by¬† holding both staff and student workers accountable for the quality and ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† efficiency of their work
- Motivate employees and¬†recognize their accomplishments in a timely manner
- Clearly communicate job expectations /consequences of employees by training, cross training,¬†coaching, counseling, directing, evaluating the work of student workers¬†and other staff to maintain an acceptable level of output and quality
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractor staff in the image center
- Meet quality and deadline standards by the effective use of job scheduling practices
- Ensure the quality of¬†operations by assisting in the achievement of goals and objectives
- Improve quality of operations¬†and improve consistency by implementing¬†performance and operations procedures
- Perform job requests in a timely, professional manner. This includes design projects with short¬†notice and possible a quick turnaround.
- Review all jobs as a quality¬†control function
- Achieve¬† profitability in the area of cost of¬†goods by effectively completing the jobs in the use of materials and ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† supplies
- Ensure all satellite copier contact persons are trained in paper refill and aware of contact¬†information when the copier in their area is not working properly
- Other Auxiliary Responsibilities
- Assist AVP for Auxiliary¬†Services with contract oversight for Publication /Duplication
- Backup for Campus Mail and Auxiliary Services Coordinator for Motorpool
Directly supervise one staff member in addition to several student workers.¬† Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience — Associate¬†degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school;¬†¬†¬†¬† or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent¬†combination of education and experience.
- Communication / Language — Requires¬†effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal ¬†¬†¬†¬† skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.¬† Ability¬†to write simple correspondence.¬†¬†Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small¬†group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Up to date knowledge on current technology and trends in the¬†marketplace by reading relevant journals, magazines and newspapers.
- Mathematical — Ability to ¬†¬†¬†¬† add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.¬† Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and¬†interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning — Ability to ¬†¬†¬†¬† apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.¬†¬†Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations¬† ‚Äď Graphic¬† Design degree a plus, but not required
- Computer¬† Literacy / General Office Equipment ‚Äď General knowledge of Adobe¬†software (InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop). Intermediate¬†¬†level in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).¬†¬†Desktop PC, G-Card Machine, credit card machine, Ricoh copiers (about 6¬† different models), cutting machine, binding machine, folding machine,¬†printers. Learn software upgrades as they occur.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT¬†
- Use¬†hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach¬†with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Stand and walk
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Climb or balance
- Lift¬†and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Outside¬†weather conditions
- Work¬† near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to adjust focus
- Normal Work¬† Schedule
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch
- Overtime as needed to meet the demands of the position