This position is to provide a safe and clean environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors of Georgetown College
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Adheres to College Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the College
- Performs¬†duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains¬†a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates¬†regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates¬†flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently¬†reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets¬†Department productivity standards
¬†ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.¬† Other duties may be assigned.
- Patrolling and securing campus
- Providing¬†escorts when requested
- Conducting safety inspections
- Routine¬†maintenance of safety equipment
- Locking¬†and unlocking doors/buildings
- Available¬†for emergency or when manager so advises
- Report¬†in writing any and all safety concerns
- Attend¬†sporting and other college events as needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience ‚Äď High School Diploma¬†or its equivalent or one to three month‚Äôs related experience and/or¬†training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication / Language – Requires effective oral and written communication skills, and basic interpersonal ¬†¬†¬†¬† skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.¬† Ability to write simple ¬†¬†¬†¬† correspondence.¬† Ability to¬†effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations¬†to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning – Ability to¬†apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved¬†written or oral instructions.¬† Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations¬†–¬†¬† Valid driver‚Äôs license with a clean record. Employee must complete a ¬†¬†¬†¬† driver‚Äôs application and attend a workshop coordinated by Auxiliary Services before driving a campus vehicle.
- Computer Literacy / General Office¬†Equipment ‚Äď¬†¬†None required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand and walk
- Talk or hear
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Exposure¬†to outside weather conditions
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Climb¬†or balance
- Lift¬†and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Exposure¬†to high, precarious places
- Exposure¬†to fumes or airborne particles
- Ability to adjust focus
- Low¬†to high
- Normal Work Schedule
- Will be trained on all shifts
- Must be available for any shift
- Up¬†to 24 hours per week