¬†Job Title: ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Cheerleading Coach¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† FLSA Status: ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Hourly, Part time
Department: ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Athletics¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Classification:¬†¬† Support Staff
Reports To: ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Director of Athletics¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
¬†SUMMARY:¬† This position‚Äôs primary function is to coordinate and lead the cheerleading activities for the college‚Äôs athletics program.
¬†EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Adhere to institutional, conference and national governing bodies policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the institution
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet Department productivity standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.¬† Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for cheerleaders at football and basketball games
- Responsible for getting routines put together for halftime shows and competitions
- Manage the cheerleading budget
- Assist with recruiting, training, scouting and instructing student-athletes as necessary to build a competitive athletic program
- Monitor academic progress and take steps necessary to foster academic success and maintain eligibility
- Assist with planning and implementation of fundraising activities in accordance with institutional policies and procedures
- Assist with scheduling, including travel, officials, support personnel, etc. for practices, contests, games, or matches
- Assist with coordination and implementation of promotional activities to provide visibility, encourage attendance, and otherwise bring positive attention to the program, the Athletics Department and the institution
- Assist with camps and clinics as scheduling allows and dictates
- Attend meetings, events, seminars, conferences, etc. in support of departmental and institutional goals
This position has no supervisory duties.
¬†KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience – Bachelor’s degree in a related major from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master‚Äôs degree preferred
- Communication / Language — Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.¬† Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical — Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.¬† concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning — Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.¬† Ability to independently resolve problems.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations — None required
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment — Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
¬†PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Talk or hear
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Use hands and/or fingers
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb Stand and walk
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Outside weather conditions
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Moderate to loud
- Low to Moderate
- Normal Work Schedule
- Flexible depending on event
- Evening and weekend hours