GEORGETOWN GRADUATE EDUCATION APPLICATION PROCESS
- Go to www.georgetowncollege.edu . Click on â€śgraduate studentâ€ť on the top of the screen. That gets you to the home page for the Graduate Education Website
- At the home page, click on â€śprospective studentâ€ť.
- Look for links on the left side of the screen that identify initial, advanced, and other credentials. Review the descriptions of the programs offered.
- If the program options are not clear, please call the Assistant Dean of Graduate Education Admissions to sort them out. Or you may e mail the dean at email@example.com.
- If you decide to apply for an initial or first teaching certificate program (LBD or MA-AC), go to www.ets.org and look for information related to the Pre-professional PRAXIS (PRAXIS 1) test. It can be taken locally at a KY site but you register centrally at the ETS site. The state now requires that you take either the PPST or the GRE to enter an initial program across the state. We recommend that you select the computer version of the PPST as this test is much more manageable than the GRE. There is a link for the PPST at the graduate webpage. Go to it for testing locations and testing dates. Test preparation materials for either test are available at the ETS site or at local bookstores.
- If you will be requesting federal financial aid, go to www.fafsa.gov to submit a financial report. Route the results to Georgetown College so that it is available to our financial aid officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-863-7960.
- Click on the link at the Graduate Education website that says â€śApply nowâ€ť to get a direct link to the on line application.
- Go to the link provided at the beginning of this application for all the deadlines related to the application process. Keep in mind that the admission process includes either a face to face or webinar-based admission meeting and that that meeting should be completed by the deadline provided. If you are applying for financial aid, move the deadlines back two weeks to give yourself plenty of time to work with email@example.com.
- Begin the on line application located at the link called â€śapply nowâ€ť. You may go in and out of your application as many times as you need as long as you have not yet hit the submit button. If you are having trouble with the application process, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-863-7088.
- When the application is complete, hit the submit button at the top of the screen. We will acknowledge receipt of the application.
- Check to make sure that the required recommenders have actually submitted recommendations on your behalf. Your admission paperwork is not analyzed until those recommendations are received.
- Mail official transcripts from any institution where you earned a degree. If you are applying for an initial program (LBD or MA-AC), we need two copies of each transcript; one is eventually sent to EPSB to request your teacher certification. Transcripts are not official if you hand carry them or mail them and it is obvious that you have been able to view them; They should be received by us in a sealed envelope with a signature from the registrar across the seal in the back. Electric submission of transcripts must be sent of email@example.com. Be careful that the institution does not send this document to â€śAdmissionsâ€ť. It needs to go to Graduate Admissions.
- If you mail transcripts send them to : Graduate Admissions in Education, Georgetown College, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324.
- Watch for e mails or phone calls from the Assistant Dean of Graduate Education Admissions notifying you that you have been approved to attend the final admission meeting. Admission is not finalized until that meeting has occurred and registration has taken place and a curriculum contract has been signed.
- You will receive information regarding your IT account at Georgetown within ten days of the final admission meeting.