GEORGETOWN GRADUATE EDUCATION APPLICATION PROCESS
- To see descriptions of the programs that are offered, look for links on the left side of the screen that identify initial, advanced, and other credentials. Review the descriptions of the programs offered.
- If the program options are not clear, you may contact the Associate Dean of Graduate Education Admissions by phone at (502) 863-7088 or email at email@example.com for clarification.
- If you decide to apply for an initial or first teaching certificate program (LBD or MA-AC), go to www.ets.org and look for information related to the Pre-Professional PRAXIS (PRAXIS 1) test. It can be taken locally at a KY site but you register centrally at the ETS site. The state now requires that you take either the PPST or the GRE to enter an initial program across the state. We recommend that you select the computer version of the PPST as this test is much more manageable than the GRE. There is a link for the PPST at the graduate webpage. Go to it for testing locations and testing dates. Test preparation materials for either test are available at the ETS site or at local bookstores.
- If you will be requesting federal financial aid, go to www.fafsa.gov to submit a financial report. Route the results to Georgetown College so that it is available to our financial aid officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the link at the Graduate Education website that says âApply nowâ to get a direct link to the online application.
- For all the deadlines related to the application process, please visit the Deadlines page. Keep in mind that the admission process includes either a face-to-face or webinar-based admission meeting and that that meeting should be completed by the deadline provided. If you are applying for financial aid, move the deadlines back two weeks to give yourself plenty of time.
- To view Application requirements, please see the Application Requirements page,
- Begin the online application located at the link called âApply Nowâ. You may go in and out of your application as many times as you need as long as you have not yet hit the submit button. If you are having trouble with the application process, send us a message at email@example.com or call 502-863-7088.
- When the application is complete, hit the submit button at the top of the screen. We will acknowledge receipt of the application.
- Check to make sure that the required recommenders have actually submitted recommendations on your behalf. Your admission paperwork is not analyzed until those recommendations are received.
- Mail official transcripts from any institution where you earned a degree. Transcripts are not official if you hand carry them or mail them and it is obvious that you have been able to view them. They should be received by us in a sealed envelope with a signature from the registrar across the seal in the back. Electric submission of transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be careful that the institution does not send this document to âAdmissionsâ. It needs to go to Graduate Admissions.
- If you mail transcripts send them to :
Graduate Admissions in Education
400 East College Street
Georgetown, KY 40324
- Watch for e mails or phone calls from the Associate Dean of Graduate Education Admissions notifying you that you have been approved to attend the final admission meeting. Admission is not finalized until that meeting has occurred and registration has taken place and a curriculum contract has been signed.
- You will receive information regarding your IT account at Georgetown within ten days of the final admission meeting.