To apply to the Global Scholars Program, students must:
- fill out a Georgetown College application
- download and fill out a Global Scholars application or apply directlyÂ online throughÂ AdmissionsÂ Financial Aid and Scholarships Page (Note: the Global Scholarship is listed under “Other Scholarships and Grants”.)
- submit a resume
- have reference form filled out and letter of recommendation written on your behalf
Interested students need to apply to the Global Scholars Program prior to their freshman year at Georgetown College. The application and reference letter should be submitted to Georgetown College by February 1 of the studentâ€™s senior year in high school.
Find out more about Georgetown College and the education it can offer you.
Global Scholars may participate in any of Georgetown Collegeâ€™s academic programs. Upon completion of the program, in addition to their diploma, the participant will receive a Global Scholar Certificate. These scholars receive $1,000 scholarships, with other monies available to select students. Scholarships are renewable annually. View a list of majors.
Global Scholars are selected to participate in the program based upon the following criteria:
- High School GPA
- SAT/ACT Score
- International interests expressed through application essay and interview
- Extra-curricular involvement and leadership experience in high school and community
- Nomination/reference with application
- Interview with members of the Global Scholars Leadership Team
Regular meetings with Global Scholars Leadership Team
Global Scholars meet at least once a semester with someone from the Global Scholars Leadership Team to track their progress. The Leadership Team representatives make sure scholars are fulfilling program requirements and offer direction for pursuing additional global learning opportunities. These one-on-one meetings also serve as opportunities for Global Scholars to discuss and reflect upon the international experiences they engage and express program concerns or suggestions.