In 2013 Georgetown Review Press will consider manuscripts for our inaugural Short Story Collection Contest. Submissions are accepted via USPS and also electronically through our submission manager. The full guidelines are below.
1. Entry fee: $25.
2. Prize: $1500 and publication of the manuscript.
3. Deadline: September 30, 2013.
4. If sending a hard copy, please make check or money order for the entry fee payable to Georgetown College, and mail the manuscript to Georgetown Review Press, Short Story Collection Contest, 400 East College St., Box 227, Georgetown, KY 40324.
5. If submitting electronically, please submit via our online submission manager.
6. Submissions can include any of the following:
a) An unpublished manuscript of short stories.
b) One or more novellas (a novella may comprise a maximum of 120 double-spaced pages).
c) A combination of one or more novellas and short stories.
d) Novellas are only accepted as part of a larger collection.
7. Manuscripts must be between 150 and 300 typed pages. Manuscript pages must be numbered.
8. Please include a cover letter that includes the manuscript’s title and the author’s mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
9. Manuscripts may be under consideration elsewhere, but if a manuscript is accepted for publication, please notify Georgetown Review Press.
10. Writers may submit more than one manuscript at a time as long as one manuscript or a portion of it does not duplicate material submitted in another manuscript. The $25 entry fee must be paid for each manuscript submitted.
11. Prior publication of your manuscript as a whole in any format makes it ineligible. However, it is fine if individual stories have been published electronically or in magazines or chapbooks.