Cochenour Galley featured work from students

gcva.blogspot3

Source: Gcva.blogspot.com. Shelby’s artwork came from lesson plans she taught to her students.

By Alex Courtenay

For the past several weeks, artwork from senior art students was on display in the Cochenour Gallery (located in the LRC). If you did not get the chance to check out Maddy Fritz’s or Shelby Eden’s artwork, then you missed out on some awesome pieces. Both of them had wonderful, innovative and unique art on display.

Fritz’s artwork demonstrated the creative side of business cards and logo variations along with customizing an original shoebox design. She created and branded a shoe business that bolsters artists and their work. When asked about her pieces, Fritz said, “I wanted my design work to represent a cohesive and professional body of work, while still remaining true to who I am as an artist.”

Shelby Eden plans to be an art education teacher. For her exhibit, she showcased students’ art from the class that she assists in. The multiple art pieces are outcomes of Eden’s lesson plans that she created for the classroom. The lesson plans include watercolors, print art and pop art.

From Georgetown College Visual Art, the art department blog, Eden wrote, “I am so excited about this project that has been developing and that will continue to develop as I strive to reach my goal in becoming a tool and helpful resource to all teachers and bring art into all subjects taught in the classroom!” Visit her website, www.shelbeden.com/education, to see more of her work.

Upcoming exhibit:
Christopher Saucedo will have his exhibit “Red Cross Blankets” on display in the Cochenour Gallery on Nov. 8.