Mark Nizer did not drop the ball

By Ashley Conover

Mark Nizer 4D 1613191 Mark Nizer did not drop the ball

Source: dallas.culturemaps.com. Nizer uses lights in his juggling performance.

When I first saw the posters for the upcoming 4D Tiger Nexus event, I was pretty excited. It is not often that there are interesting Tiger Nexus events, so I wasn’t about to pass up this opportunity. Judging from the poster, it looked like it was going to be a really awesome light show. But when I got to the Chapel, I realized it was going to be much more than just pretty lights.

The Chapel was filled with pop-electronic music that gave off a very techno vibe. This seemed logical since I assumed it was going to be a light show; I mean, this music would be perfect to combine lights with. But then Mark Nizer came out on stage and introduced himself as a juggler.

I was pretty excited to discover that this event was going to have pretty lights and juggling. This was one of the best decisions I had made for a Thursday night.

Nizer’s entire show was based on unique juggling tricks integrated with lights and fog which left the audience in a state of awe. As an audience member, I felt as though I couldn’t look away because I might miss the magic of this juggling. Nizer also kept up a fun and comedic banter with the audience throughout the show to ensure the audience had a good time.

My favorite part was the juggling act which involved a unicycle, two machetes and an apple. Two audience members held the unicycle steady while Nizer climbed atop. The audience waited in anticiapation for what was about to happen. It seemed impossible, but Nizer began riding the unicycle while also juggling the machetes and simultaneously eating the apple.

Various other items were incorporated into the show. He juggled the usual balls and bowling pins (also paired with cool lighting and music), but the final act was by far the most impressive.

Nizer juggled a bowling ball, a lit propane tank and a running carving knife all at once, and I almost couldn’t watch in fear of something going wrong. However, Nizer walked away with all appendages accounted for, and the audience erupted in applause. There was the murmuring of approval from the student body as they exited the Chapel that night. It’s definitely not a toss-up here; Mark Nizer’s Juggling 4D comedy event was a successful and fun–filled experience.