GC crowned student representatives during Homecoming activities

By Alex Courtenay

maya and monty GC crowned student representatives during Homecoming activities

Source: Collin Smith. Acting President Granetta Blevins and her husband present crowns to Homecoming Queen, Maya McLin and Homecoming King Montavious Marc.

Last week students nominated their fellow students for the 2013 Homecoming Court outside the Cafeteria. Nominated for freshman princess were Buckley Booher, Maggie Murdock and Kathryn Wilhoit. Nominated for freshman prince were Bobby Chan-Chan, Hunter Gatewood and Isaac Meisner.

Representing sophomore princess were Tena Johnson, Victoria May and Hailey Hart. Sophomore prince nominations included Joshua ‘Juice’ Ward, Tanner Brondhaver and Jacob Townson.

Nominated for junior princess were Nikita Taggart, Haley Goen and Madison ‘Maddie’ Quail. Nominatees for junior prince were Zachary White, Zack Parsons and Kenneth Spears.

For the senior class, queen nominees included Crystal Jackson, Maya McLin and Rachel Floyd. Senior king nominees were Montavious Marc, Evan Jacoby and Dennis Propp.

Saturday, during half-time of the football game against Campbellsville, the Homecoming Court walked down the 50 yard line toward the cheering Georgetown crowd. Sharply dressed and Georgetown proud, the students anxiously awaited the results of the campus-wide voting. Each of the Homecoming Court nominees were touted for their achievements as a Georgetown College Tiger, including the groups and clubs they are involved in, as well their majors and minors.

The winning princesses and princes included: Freshmen Bobby Chan-Chan and Kathryn Wilhoit, Sophomores Joshua ‘Juice’ Ward and Hailey Hart and Juniors Nikita Taggart and Kenneth Spears.

The Homecoming Senior King and Queen winners were Maya McLin and Montavious Marc. They were both crowned by Acting President Granetta Bingham Blevins.

McLin expressed her feelings, “I was really nervous while I was being introduced. I was running against two girls who were in sororities, and I had all my friends and family from long distances there to see me. When they called my name, I was super excited. I wanted to accomplish as much as I can on campus, and this was the cherry on top. I am so thankful for all the support I had and for the people who voted for me!”