Georgetown Qdoba serves an order of mixed feelings

By Lynsey Jordan
Web Editor

qdoba Georgetown Qdoba serves an order of mixed feelings

Source: qdoba.com.

Personally, Qdoba is one of my favorite restaurants, so when I heard there was a Georgetown location opening, I was ecstatic. I visited Monday evening and the restaurant was extremely crowded, but everything moved efficiently, though there wasn’t nearly enough seating for all of the excited new customers. Even though it was so busy, the employees were very well put-together; and they were even polite and patient, which was a happy surprise for me.

By the time I had ordered my delicious food, however, there was an empty table waiting for me. I ordered the grilled chicken burrito as I normally do; it’s full of great food: a wheat tortilla, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, shredded cheese and sour cream. I picked these ingredients, but the customer can choose from anything, much like a Subway buffet. You can put in their famous queso, different kinds of rice and beans, veggies and lots of different salsas.

I often go to the Lexington location since I live so close to it during the summer, and the quality of the food was the same. Qdoba is much like Chipotle or Moe’s Southwest Grill, but much better, in my opinion. Chipotle employees are very friendly, but the food I had at the Lexington location was bland, and Moe’s isn’t as impressive as Qdoba is in terms of their food. You should definitely check out this new restaurant!

By Chuck Harris
Technical Editor

Being a college student who loves to eat, I was naturally very excited about Georgetown getting a Qdoba. Personally, I’m more of a Chipotle fan, but who doesn’t love a good burrito? Needless to say, I was going to the grand opening.

From my experience, grand openings are something magnificent. When the Kroger Marketplace opened in Georgetown, they gave away free energy drinks, had a radio station on hand and special deals for all those who showed up. Fast forward to Qdoba’s “grand” opening yesterday. First off, unless you were driving past the actual building and just happened to see the sign, you wouldn’t have even known they were open. Second, when I placed my order, they didn’t have all the items readily available; meaning, I had to wait in the middle of the serving line while people went around me. Third, because I had to wait and let others past me, it messed the orders up at the register. This means I’m holding the line up even more, and the frazzled employee looked just as confused as me. Then we come to the pièce de résistance; after all of the waiting and arguing, they are completely out of all Coke products except Diet Dr. Pepper. Really? You are really going to make me settle for water or diet? I finished my average tasting burrito (it tasted like something I could make) and left there having spent $10 on a meal and experience that I will never forget (in a bad way).