Sports Spotlight: Montavius Marc

By CAMERON NIXON

montavious marc 270 mb11 Sports Spotlight: Montavius MarcMontavius Marc is new to Georgetown College and its basketball program this year. The 6–foot–9–inch junior has been a huge part of the Tiger’s success this year, thanks to his aggressive play and positive attitude on and off the court.

Q: What brought you to Georgetown College?
A: I came from Mountain State and they lost accreditation. I was referred to Georgetown and this was one of my better choices so I came here.

Q: How do you like it here so far?
A: It’s a different change in pace of lifestyle for me, but it’s pretty nice.

Q: What’s been your favorite part of playing for the Tigers?
A: The teammates. It’s a great bunch of guys. All of them are cool. It’s always nice to meet new people. I get along with them nice. They’re like my brothers.

Q: What unique things do you bring to the team?
A: I guess my attitude, I try to get everybody going as much as I can. I try to be a presence in the paint, I gotta get my hook shot going. But I think I do a good job at being a presence in the post.

Q: Who is your favorite NBA player of all time, or who do you model your game after?
A: My favorite player Dwight Howard, like I said though, I still have to get my post game, my hook shot up.

Q: Any last shout outs?
A: Shout outs to the team Mike, Rel, Vic, Deondre, Monty, DJ, Al, Russ, Corey, Matt, Joe, Charlie and Bopper.