Dr. Todd Gambill announces new IUK position

By CAITLIN KNOX
Editor-in-Chief

todd Dr. Todd Gambill announces new IUK position

Source: Georgetowncollege.edu
Dr. Gambill has been at GC for almost a decade.

After nearly a decade of service at Georgetown, Todd Gambill is moving on to a new position at Indiana University Kokomo.  Beginning March 18th, he will work there as the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management; a switch from his positions here as Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students.
Gambill says that although he will miss GC, he is excited about the move. IUK is a commuter campus that boasts 3700 students. About sixty percent are the traditional college age, with a large amount of adult learners. He will have responsibilities for new things that he hasn’t dealt with, like enrollment management. He says that the job is a “growth opportunity” and it will “look good on my resume.”

As a college student, he started out studying textile chemistry. Like many of us, he found that this wasn’t his true passion, and ended up with a degree in sports management. His first job was at a college helping with their intramural program, and after working with two colleges over a span of 14 years, he came to Georgetown. As you can see below, current and former students, staff and faculty alike have been impacted by Gambill, and he will be missed.

“Todd Gambill has been a faithful servant to GC for over 10 years.   He loves students, he seeks to treat all people fairly and his work ethic is amazing.  We will miss his leadership and cool countenance.  One of our eight Guiding Principles states, “Personal growth will bring us joy!”   So, I rejoice with him at the new opportunity and wish he and his family Godspeed.”  -President William H. Crouch

“I will miss Todd Gambill not only as someone I enjoy working with, but also as a friend. Todd many times calls or comes by my office to check and see how my day is going. He is someone I can always go to for advice and I will miss his wisdom. He truly cares for Georgetown and the students. I wish him and the Gambill family the best.” -H.K. Kingkade

“I once had a problem and emailed Dr. Gambill in the middle of the night and he emailed me back within ten minutes and helped solve the issue. He genuinely cares about the students here at GC and his kindness will be missed.” -Brittany Whitt

“Coming in as a freshman, I was told that Dr. Gambill would be willing to help in any situation and would make communication between students and himself easy and fast. I was skeptical about this at first, but it was proven true. He always responded promptly and was helpful. He cares deeply about all of us Tigers and will be missed.” -Meagan Henry

“This is probably really cheesy and stupid, but every day when I worked at the student life office he would grab some hand sanitizer from the desk I sit at and ask me how my day was. Lame, like I said, but it stuck with me.” -Eric Balmer

“I genuinely believe Dr. Gambill always put the interest of the students first. His passion for GC will be greatly missed.” -Allie Englert

“I definitely love his role in the “Call Me, Maybe?” Student Life video.” -Katie Phillips

“He definitely had a major role in making my college career what it was! He was always there to help in any way possible and always put the students first! I hate to see such a great person at Georgetown go!” -Millicent Wimpsett

“When my parents were away in New York during Thanksgiving, Todd Gambill invited me to his house, and I spent Thanksgiving with his family. The food was really good!” -Daniel Cantu

• Mom

Loved the article – am very proud to call him our son.
    Sandie Gambill

• Dr Ray Jenkins

Todd…….I had great years at Georgetown,Cynthiana, Harrodsburg,Shelbyville,Danville, Louisville,KY & Bloomington, Indiana back in the 50’s & 60’s! Then….I also took an administrative position at IUK and moved to Kokomo for 4 yrs to complete my Thesiss ….it was a good little town with wonderful rural students and staff. The small size campus was very comfortable and quiet. We put in some degree programs and became a 4yr campus. The land is a bit flat, but there is always Brown County. I ended up over 33 yrs here in San Diego with SDCCD. I always enjoyed Bloomington & the IU faculty and staff. Best wishes to you, Georgetown and IUK!