SENIOR SPOTLIGHTS: Meredith Cave & Amanda Williamson

By LEANNDRA PADGETT

Source: Meredith Cave
Meredith plans to go to L.A. after graduation.

Meredith Leigh Cave is just your average college student. She is active in college activities and has fun with her friends on the weekends. Oh yeah, and she is also an accomplished actress, model and movie star. Does that seem exaggerated? Consider the facts: Meredith has had a major role in multiple college plays, works with a modeling agency in Lexington and has an agent in Cincinnati who ensures that she has constant auditions for performance opportunities. She has acted in films, one of which (“As it is in Heaven”) earned her place on the IMDb (International Movie Database). Despite her successes, Meredith is unassuming and humble, even coming across as introverted at times. But, as she explains it, when you “put me on stage. . . I’m a totally different person.”

Meredith considers her favorite performance experi- ence to be either this year’s Maskrafters play “The 39 Steps” or last year’s “Crimes of the Heart.” Her favorite project would have to be the college’s independent film “Undeserved.” Meredith is a self proclaimed “musical junkie,” and her favorite show to watch is “Les Misérables.” Not surprisingly, her ultimate performance dream would be to play Éponine in “Les Mis.” Before this dream is realized, she will present a “one woman show” for her honors program senior thesis entitled “Shakespeare for My Father” by Lynn Redgrave. Perhaps this choice was inspired in part by the influence of her favorite course at GC—Dr. Allen’s Shakespeare class.

Despite her impressive theatrical resume, there is more to Meredith than the stage. She has been involved in many programs at Georgetown including Christian Leadership Scholars, Oxford Honors (though she is not going to study in England), Freshmen Family Groups, Young Republicans of Georgetown, Chorale (of which she is the president), Tiger Tunistas, President’s Ambassadors and Phi Mu (she served as Songfest chair for two years). Meredith is an avid runner who completed her first marathon this year, and is training to qualify for the Boston Marathon in the future. This driven young woman is a double major, receiving a degree in both theater/film performance and political science. After graduating, she plans to take a year off for adventures in LA. Her back up plan includes law school.

Meredith’s favorite quote comes from James 1:2-3, which says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” Meredith is one to persevere through the amazing commitment and effort of the performing arts, her involvement in campus activities and marathon training. Keep your eyes out for this talented and hard working senior, for her future holds many exciting possibilities.

By ALLIE ENGLERT

Back Page Editor

Source: Amanda Williamson
Amanda will perform in the play “Wonderboy.”

Amanda Williamson is certain to take life after college by storm. The communications major with a potential double minor in theatre and psychology originally from Simpsonville, Ky, chose Georgetown because she loved the atmosphere of our small campus. She was also impressed with the many opportunities available at GC, including the Equine Scholars Program and the theatre department.

Throughout her time at Georgetown, Amanda has been an active member of a variety of activities. Amanda has been riding horses since the fifth grade. The opportunity to continue this passion was one of the deciding factors in her decision of coming to Georgetown. Similarly, the prospect of being an active member of the theatre department attracted Amanda to GC, as well. “I became involved in theatre in the second grade and enjoyed performing in several plays throughout high school. I’ve been in a production per semester throughout my time here (at Georgetown), and I’ve been involved in both movies filmed on campus, ‘Undeserved’ and ‘A Georgetown Odyssey.’” Later on this semester, GC students can check out Amanda in her next show, “Wonderboy” for CEP/Nexus credit at the end of the month. The accomplished equestrian and actress is also an athlete. Amanda high jumps for the track team.

In addition to being involved, Amanda is a very dedicated student. She is a member of several academic honor societies, including Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Psi Omega and Lambda Pi Eta. In her spare time, the self-proclaimed cat lover enjoys meowing to random people around campus. Amanda is also an artist and enjoys hanging out with her cat, Oliver. “He is my soul mate.”

Some of her most cherished moments at GC include adventures with Breanna Stratton and Noel Armes. She says that she’ll miss coffee dates to Lock and Key with Lauren Kelly and randomly running into Dr. Birdwhistell’s class and screaming “Jesus.” Amanda also gave a shout out to her boyfriend, Tyler Whitehouse for being such an avid cat lover. “College as a whole is a memory I’ll never forget,” she explained. When asked what advice she would offer GC students, she said, “My advice would be to make lots of friends, always smile at people who walk by you, never settle and love cats.”

Amanda is uncertain about what she wants to do after graduation, but she is looking forward to the next chapter of her life. “I don’t know what I want to do yet. I definitely want to take a year off and do something awesome like move to Hawaii, or Colorado, or maybe own a bunch of cats and live on the street. I honestly don’t know yet. I haven’t decided where I’m supposed to be or what I’m supposed to do yet. I just want to be successful in life. No one knows what they’ll be doing 15 years from now. I think it’s just best to enjoy life in the present.”