Interview with Allan Thomas

By CAMERON NIXON

Q: Where are you from?

A: I’m from Queens, New York, South Jamaican.

Q: Have there been any big adjustments in moving to Georgetown?

A: No, not really. It’s just how quiet it is. I’m from a huge city where everything is loud and a lot of movement is made, Georgetown is much slower.

Q: How long have you been playing basketball and what keeps you going?

A: I started at 11. I was a late bloomer with basketball. What made me get interested in it was the passion and excitement that comes with playing.

Q: What are some differences in the team’s direction this year compared to last year?

A: Compared to last year, we’re more of a unit. We’re more understanding of each other; we hang out with each other on and off the court. Last year it was individualized, people had their own mindset and goals, but being a leader on the team, I personally felt I had to change that.

Q: Are there any new players the fans should look out for?

A: All of the new guys. They’ve worked hard and understand their role on the team in fitting into a new system.

Q: How big of an impact will the return of Vic Moses have?

A: It’s going to be huge having him back. He’s talented and hard working. He could be the first NBA player out of Georgetown with his talent, size and calm demeanor.

Q: Any shout outs or final words to the fans?

A: Mom and the family, my teammates, coaches, all my teachers and the fans from Georgetown. Just want to say I appreciate everything, and let’s get ready for the season.