Hello! Welcome to Georgetown College! We are so excited to be welcoming you into the GC Family. The purpose of New Student Orientation at GC is to help ensure that new students successfully transition from high school into college life. The Orientation program allows new students to meet other new students and connect with returning students, as well as faculty and staff of the College. The Orientation program contains many different events that will help new students learn about Georgetown College, while also offering opportunities to make new friends.
By participating in the Orientation program, students will:
- Complete a class schedule with at least 12 semester hours (full-time status)
- Have an academic advising session with a College advisor
- Gain a better understanding of student support services, Student Life at GC, and the academic expectations of the College.
- Understand the personal and financial responsibilities of attending GC.
- Reduce anxiety about the transition to being a college student
- Learn about what makes GC unique
- Have fun!
The Orientation staff and I are looking forward to you arriving on campus. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the Orientation program, Georgetown College, or just being a college student. I look forward to meeting each of you and welcoming you to GC.
Associate Dean of Students