Also, see our Resources page for more valuable information.
Where should a new student go on the GC website for info?
How can my son/daughter change his/her schedule?
If a schedule is just not working out, students may drop and/or add classes by calling the Registrar’s Office or waiting until the first week of school. If they wait until orientation, they should talk to their advisors about how to change their schedules. To change their schedules, students must come by the Registrar’s Office.
How do I add money to my student’s G-Card?
There are several ways:
- Complete an orange deposit form and return it to the G-Card Office along with your check or cash. (Please do not send cash through the mail.)
- Use the VTS machine on the bottom floor of the Cralle Student Center.
- Deposit money online (Discover, Mastercard, and American Express only). You must know your student’s ID number located on their G-Card.
Where can I get more information about Orientation?
Find out more about orientation on the New Student Orientation website.
When will my son/daughter’s books be available?
Typically, professors give the bookstore their reading list during the summer then the books are ordered. It usually takes until August 18th to get all the books into the store. If you would like to reserve your books ahead of time, please fax a copy of their schedule with correct sections along with a name, ID number, telephone number and a credit card number to (502) 868-8894.
How can I get the residence hall room dimensions?
You can find information about each building on the Residence Life website.
What can my son/daughter bring to college?
Stereo, Sheets, Blankets, Book bag, Toiletry kit (shower), VCR, TV, Computer, Telephone, Pillow, Lamp, Posters, Alarm Clock, Umbrella, Flip flops (shower), Carpet (not installed), Refrigerator (less than 6 cubic feet)
What can my son/daughter not bring to college?
Pets (other than fish), Air Conditioner, Ceiling Fan, Hot Plate/Coffee Makers, George Forman Grill, Toaster Oven, Halogen Light, Lofts, Candles, Firearms/Explosives
What are the signs of depression?
Along with sadness or loss of interest that lasts for more than 2 weeks, you will also have at least four of the following symptoms:
The two most significant symptoms of depression are:
- Sadness or hopelessness.
- Loss of interest in or pleasure from most daily activities.
Other symptoms include:
- Losing or gaining weight because of changes in appetite.
- Sleeping too much or not enough.
- Feeling restless and unable to sit still, or feeling that moving takes a great effort.
- Feeling tired all the time.
- Feeling unworthy or guilty without an obvious reason.
- Having problems concentrating, remembering, or making decisions.
- Thinking often about death or suicide.
*This is taken from http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/129/32229
If you notice any signs of depression in your son/daughter that continues for a few weeks, please feel free to contact our Counseling Center at (502) 863-7074.
What laundry facilities are available on campus?
Each residence hall has laundry facilities.
Where do students attend church?
Our students attend church in Georgetown, Lexington, Frankfort and other communities. Our Campus Ministry website has a listing of local churches.
What banks are located in Georgetown, KY?
Within walking distance of campus:
- Farmers Bank – Main St
- Central Bank – Main St
- Whitakers First National Bank – Main St
In Georgetown city limits:
- First Federal – 10 blocks from campus (South Broadway)
- 5th 3rd – By Wal-Mart
- National City – In Kroger
- Community Trust Bank – Inside Wal-Mart
- Kentucky Bank – By Post Office (Showalter Drive)