To Register for Classes Online
You must have your student log-in name and password. If you do not have this information, please contact the campus Information Technology Service at 863-4357 (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Log into https://my.georgetowncollege.edu using your network login and password and Click Login.
- Next, click on the Academic Info tab at the top of the page.
- You can then select Registration from the drop down menu or click on the Registration link found in the menu on the left side of the page. This will bring up the Registration Entry screen. On this screen change the following options:
Inter-term 2014 - Online registration open
Spring 2014 – Registration opens Wed., Nov. 13 for students who have earned 12 credit hours
and opens on Thurs., Nov. 14 for all eligible students
- Student Program: Graduate (should default)
- Course Program: Graduate School (select from drop down list)
- You will then see a Course Search box with 2 tabs.
- On the Add by Course tab, you can search by Course code. Just start typing in the code and a drop down list will appear. Select the course you want from the list. You can add one or more courses at a time. Click Add Courses and they are added to your schedule and appear at the bottom of the screen under Your Schedule (Registered).
- Using the Course Search tab, you can search for courses by title, code, or department. If you click More Search Options (by the search button), you can search by times/days, faculty member, open or full (classes), and min/max hours (to find 1 or 2 hours classes). Just check the course you want to add and click Add Courses. To change your search options, click Update Search Options in the blue box.
- Warning boxes may appear if you do not meet the prerequisites or if there is some other problem.
- To drop a course, check mark the box beside it on Your Schedule and click Drop Selected Courses.
* Repeat the process to register for courses in a different term.
Possible Registration Problems:
Requisites – you will not be allowed to enter a course without the requisites. Check the online catalog.
Section is full – waitlist option will pop up or you may choose another section or course. You must have 12 hours before you can add to the waitlist. The Graduate Education Office will add courses from the waitlist if there are openings, and will notify you.
Hold – you have a “hold” on registering for any courses because (1) your account at the Student Accounts Office is not current; (2) a hold was added by the Graduate Office; (3) other circumstances. Contact the Graduate Office for assistance.
Repeat warning – a warning will pop-up if you register for a class you have already taken. You must decide to continue or drop the course selected. See the Catalog for policies regarding repeating classes.
Conflict warning – a warning will pop-up if you select two classes with overlapping times. Decide which class you want and remove the other.
Printing Your Schedule – On the home page for Academic Info, click View Details which appears beside your schedule. Then click Printer Friendly in the upper right of the screen.
If you experience technical problems with online registration, for assistance, you may call the IT helpdesk at 502-863-4357.
If you have problems with course enrollment, please call the Graduate Office at 502-863-8176.
Both offices are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Confirming Enrollment : Registration Confirmation Policy
To complete registration for classes, students must confirm their registration by paying charges in full or making arrangements to pay the bill in installments. Both methods require contact with the Georgetown College Business Office. Course registration will be cancelled for students who do not confirm registration through financial arrangements by the deadline determined by the business office. Each student will be subject to the refund schedule and fees.
For assistance, please contact Student Accounts at 502-863-8700, or you may go to the Student Accounts website and pay your billing via the online service.