- B.S. Louisiana State University
- M.A. University of Southern Mississippi
- PhD. University of Mississippi
Georgetown College Courses:
- Foundations of Gifted Education
- Curriculum and Instruction in Gifted Education
- Differentiation for Gifted and High Achieving Students in the Regular Classroom
- Implementation of Capstone Research Course for Teacher Leaders (with gifted education topic)
- Curriculum and Assessment for Teacher Leaders (MATL)
- Teaching Science in the Elementary Grades (Initial Elementary)
Research, Leadership & Service Interests:
- Dr. Thompson has pursued several areas of interest and research in the past few years.┬á The most prominent ones are:
- The inclusion of critical and creative thinking in classroom instruction, with an emphasis on the creative side
- The sensible use of technological hardware and software in instruction, assessment, and professional development
- The sensible employment of assessment in various ways, including the avoidance of over-assessment.
- Personal hobbies include electronic restoration of old photographs and stamp collecting.