Registration Information for Current (non-cohort) Graduate Students (students who started coursework in Spring 2015 or before)
Spring 2016 Online Registration
Registration in the Spring terms closes Monday, January 11.
- Spring (15 weeks) Monday, Monday, January 11 – Tuesday, April 19
- Spring 1 (7 weeks) Monday, Monday, January 11 – Friday, February 26
- Spring 2 (7 weeks) Wednesday, March 2 – Tuesday, April 19
IMPORTANT: Although the Spring 2 term does not start until March 2—registration will close on Monday, January 11.
How to Register:
- Check your curriculum contract to see courses that you need to take. If you have questions, contact your advisor.
- To see a list of courses:
- Click here (opens a new tab) or
The easiest way to see the entire course list is to choose the FA 2015 term, choose ‘Graduation School’ under the Course Program, and click the Search button.
You may also choose to narrow your search by:
- Title (ex: if you choose the ‘contains’ option and then type ‘technology’, you will only see courses that contain the word technology somewhere in the title.
- Course Code: ex: if you type in ‘ECE’ under Course Code (keep Begins With selected) you will only see courses that begin with ‘ECE’, or ‘EDU’ to see courses that begin with ‘EDU.
- Department (ex: if you choose ‘Exceptional Child Educat’, you will see all ECE (LBD and MSD courses), if you choose ‘Education’, you will see all EDU classes, etc. Once again, unless you also choose ‘Graduate’ under the ‘Program’ option, you will get undergraduate and graduate courses).
When you click on the ‘Search’ button, you should see a list of available courses.
Viewing Special Course Information (i.e., required chats, dates, etc.)
When you click on the course number link, you will see additional information about the class, including any required sessions (i.e., chats, webinars, etc.)
- When you know which class you wish to take, you can log on to the Portal to register.
- If you are wanting to register for a field placement class (i.e., ECE 575A or B, ECE 576, ECE 608, EDU 535, or EDU 536) you must pre-apply for the class and, if accepted, you will be registered by the Graduate office. Watch for an email from your advisor or program chair for application information and deadlines.
- If you have difficulties with registration call or email Donna Whitehouse (email: Donna_Whitehouse@georgetowncollege.edu; phone: 502-863-8024) in the Office of the Registrar.
Registration Information for Cohort Graduate Students (students who started coursework in Summer 2015 or after and are in a cohort program)
You will be registered for classes automatically each term. If you decide to not take a class for the next term, contact Stephanie Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Graduate Information Office to discuss your options.