The Georgetown College Step Team originated in the fall of 2006 with 10 energetic young ladies who choreograph and perform fast-paced routines which incorporate rhythmic stomps, hand claps and call-and-response-style vocals while incorporating scripture.
Our steps are executed with drill team precision and usually performed without musical instruments.
Step is our passion and it comes from deep within our hearts and is not just seen as another art form. Just like Jeremiah stated, âThe Word is in my heart like a burning fire, a fire shut up in my bones, I am weary of holding it in, I cannot endure it.â Some release this fire through dance, preaching or some other form, we release our fire through our feet and call it STEP.
We are available to perform during halftime of all athletic games, for churches, youth groups, schools/colleges and also special invitational performances.
Our goal is to compete in step competitions throughout Kentucky and eventually all over the United States.
If you would like more information, please contact Robbi Barber, Step Team Coach, at 502-863-7047.
- Location: Georgetown, Kentucky
- College Enrollment: 1,400 undergraduate
- College President: Dr. William H. Crouch, Jr. (Wake Forest, ’73)
- Our Nickname: The Steppers
- Our Colors: Orange and Black
- Our Staff Representative: Brian Evans
- Coaches, John and Sarah Banter
- Advisor, Robbi Barber
- Alma Mater: Lindsey Wilson College, 2007
- Years at Georgetown: 6
- Phone Number: 502-863-7047
- E-mail Address: Robbi_Barber@georgetowncollege.edu