The Office of Alumni Relations seeks nominations for its Distinguished Young Alumni Awards to be presented to individuals who have distinguished themselves professionally and through service to Georgetown College and the greater community. Recognizing Georgetown College alumni achievement dates back to 1953.
The Awards for 2016 will be presented during a luncheon held prior to the Homecoming football game, after which honorees and their guests will enjoy the game and festivities from a specially designated seating area and be recognized on the field. Honorees will receive an acknowledgment of the award for their personal display, and their names will be entered on a plaque to be hung in a prominent campus location.
To be eligible, a nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Be distinguished in his or her chosen profession
- Be a person of such integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown that the faculty, staff, students and alumni of Georgetown College will take pride in, and be inspired by, his or her recognition
- Be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of his or her education at Georgetown College, who demonstrates pride in alma mater, and whose interest and loyalty are evident
- Have a record of service or philanthropy to the greater community for the common good
- A nominee must have graduated within the 15 years prior to the year in which the award is presented.
Alumni, faculty, staff, students, or friends of Georgetown College may submit nominations to the Office of Alumni Relations (in writing or online) no later than July 15. Nominations must be accompanied by a separate letter of recommendation from someone other than the nominator, and a resume and/or curriculum vitae.
The deadline for 2020 nominations is July 15.
All living graduates of Georgetown College, who have received a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree, are eligible for consideration of the award. However, current members of the Board of Trustees, current employees of the College, and current officers and members of the Alumni Board are not eligible for the award.
Nominees will be screened initially by the Office of Alumni Relations and the Alumni Board. Final selection will be made by the President. Individuals chosen will be notified, with their approval required before proceeding.
Questions? Please contact Olivia Coleman, Director of Alumni Relations, via phone 502.863.8007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: July 15