An Academic Internship is for credit ranging from 1 to 3 credit hours per semester and must be approved by a faculty member in the student’s major area of study, before the internship begins. Academic Internships may be paid or non-paid. Students are required to work 50 hours for every 1 credit hour. They are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Academic Internships are governed by the faculty and academic departments.
- Upon completion of above steps, make an appointment with the Department Chair in which internship credit is desired to discuss department requirements as well as additional internship opportunities.
- Identify a faculty member who will oversee the internship.
- Write a one-page statement of developmental goals and meet with the faculty advisor to discuss and refine internship syllabus and requirements.
- Register the internship by the deadline for the semester you will be completing your internship. Tuition does apply to a three-hour internship as any three-hour course. (You must obtain an approval card from the Registrar’s Office to be signed by the supervising faculty member.)
- Inform the faculty supervisor AND the Graves Center for Calling & Career of site selection, site supervisor name and contact information. (Student is ultimately responsible for securing the internship)
- Fulfill the departments’ requirements as stated in its syllabi.