How We Can Help You
Full access to our services
- Career Advising
- Tiger Net – Georgetown College Career Management System. Search for internships, campus jobs, part-time and full-time positions.
- Join our Georgetown College Alumni & Friends Linked In Group
- Career Assessments – TypeFocus is a leading developer of online personality type resources. This can be an excellent tool for alumni in a career transition situation. You will receive results through the system and are able to research suggested professions through the system. Please email our office and request the access code and instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Help Us
- Recruiting on campus.
- Becoming a mentor.
Alumni/professionals can provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful and supportive mentoring relationships, for the purpose of career and professional development. Alumni can also connect with other professionals for a mentoring relationship.
We seek alumni/professionals from all areas including: ministry, medicine, theatre, business, accounting and art to electrical engineering. Additionally we seek professionals working in the equine industry and those in organizations with a global scope.
Mentoring options may include: Informational Interviewing; job guidance, guest speaker/career panel/workshops; professional networking; mock interviewing; shadowing; internships; and office tours/receptions.
Be a part of this rewarding opportunity. You can request to be a Mentor by emailing email@example.com. Let us know the following about you:
- Years in Position;
- Brief Description of job; and
- a brief description of your motivation for participation.
- Making Online Recruiting Click for You
There are ways to move your resume to the top of an online search list so it attracts web-savvy and time-crunched recruiters. There’s a difference between using new media and working it.
- Make Your Cover Letter Count in a Competitive Job Market
Recruiters say that cover letters are still a necessary part of getting that interview. Follow this formula and personalize it to match your cover letter with the job posting and get the interview.
- Resume Tips for the Experienced Candidate
If you have experience, your resume should be a showcase of your track record, demonstrating to a potential employer what you can “bring to the table.”
- Acing the Behavioral-Based Interview
Corporate recruiters spend anywhere from half a day to two days learning to ask questions based on the BBI method. For you, acing the BBI is a matter of planning and understanding what recruiters are looking for.