Students at Georgetown College have several options for paying tuition and fees. Please review the options outlined below.
Payment or payment arrangements for all tuition and fees are due in full three weeks prior to the first day of the semester. If registration occurs after the first day of the semester, payment in full is due immediately upon registration. If you are unable to pay the full amount upon registration, please contact the Student Accounts Office to set up one of the following payment options. Failure to make payments as scheduled will result in cancellation of registration, holds on future registration, holds on transcripts and/or diploma.
Georgetown College correspondence to students is primarily through e-mail. Students are responsible to keep their Georgetown College e-mail contact information up-to-date and to check their e-mail regularly for information regarding their Georgetown College student account. Studentsâ€™ current account balance information is always accessible through their my.georgetowncollege.edu online account.
Full Payment Method
Student pays the full semester charges (or the portion not covered by financial aid and other outside sources) at the time of registration three weeks prior to the first day of class.
Payment can be made as follows:
- Cash: Pay in person at the Student Accounts Office. Do not mail cash.
- Personal Check: Make your check payable to Georgetown College and include your name, student ID number, current address, and phone number on the face of the check.
- Certified Funds: Make cashierâ€™s check, money order, or other certified funds payable to Georgetown College. Include your name, student ID number, current address, and phone number on the face of the check.
- Credit Card: Official Payments Corporation is an agent of Georgetown College contracted for the electronic processing of credit card payments. VISA, American ExpressÂ®, DiscoverÂ®, and MasterCardÂ® are accepted. In order to support this service, a service fee of 2.5% will be added to the total payment of your transaction. You can pay by accessing the secure online payment my.georgetowncollege.edu.
- Electronic Check (ACH): An electronic check is a one-time authorization to automatically debit your savings or checking account. You can pay by accessing the secure online payment page on https://my.georgetowncollege.edu. You will need to provide your checking/savings account number and the routing/transit number, which is a unique series of numbers that identifies your financial institution. A service fee of $3.00 will be added to the total payment of your transaction.
Monthly Payment Plan â€“ Tuition Management Systems
Georgetown College offers students the option to pay their tuition and fees through a monthly payment plan with TMS (Tuition Management Systems). Monthly payments can be automatically deducted from a personal bank account or credit card. The payment plan agreement can be set up for one semester or annually to allow students to budget their tuition costs monthly. Please note that to take advantage of the monthly payment plan you must begin payments in July for the annual plan.Â For the semester plan, payments are July 15 – November 15 for fall and December 15 – April 15 for spring. To sign up for the plan please visit the TMS website http://afford.com/georgetowncollege.
Financial Aid Method
In order to receive a financial aid award a student must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Financial Aid must be applied to the student bill. Overpayment will be refunded to the student, if requested. If financial aid does not pay the entire bill, the student is responsible to pay the remainder of the bill through either a Full Payment Method or a Tuition Management Systems Monthly Payment Plan by three weeks prior to the first day of class.
- Keep your e-mail contact information up-to-date, and check your e-mail inbox regularly.
- Do not wait for a bill to make your payment. Your current balance information is available 24/7 on your my.georgetowncollege.edu account.
- Make sure your billing address is correct.
- Students unable to meet their financial obligations to the College will not be allowed to register for future classes, and will not receive an official transcript or diploma.
If your account has a credit balance, you may request a refund once all financial aid has been received and applied to your student account. Please call the Student Accounts Office at (502) 863-8700 or email Student_Accounts@georgetowncollege.edu.