A Travel Advance Request Form must be filled out in the following manner in order to obtain a travel advance.
- ID # of person requesting the advance
- Place, purpose, and duration of travel
- Mode of travel
- Estimated cost of the trip
- Total amount of money requested
- Return Date (Expenses submitted more than 90 days or more after date incurred will not be reimbursed.)
- Signature of employee
- Printed name of employee
- Signature of department head
- Signature of administrative office
Travel advances will be picked up at the cashier’s window unless otherwise noted.
The money for a travel advance will be charged against the employee’s travel advance account.
After returning from a trip, any remaining cash should be turned in at the cashier’s window.
A Business Expense Report with attached receipts (see documentation on completing a BER) should be turned in to accounts payable within 2 weeks of returning from a trip. Expenses submitted more than 60 days after the date incurred will not be reimbursed.