Faculty Advisor: Ms. Cathy Buckman 502-863-8159
The Business Administration and Economics Department, in cooperation with the Georgetown College chapter of Phi Beta Lambda, sponsors an ongoing Invited Speaker Series on Careers and Leadership.
Successful business leaders, many of whom are Georgetown College graduates, from a wide variety of industries are invited to speak to business students. These businessmen and women describe their companies and industries, their career paths, and career opportunities within their companies.
Among the speakers from the past few years were:
- Ms. Kathy Plomin (United Way of the Bluegrass)
- Dr. Mark Plant (International Monetary Fund)
- Ms. Darla Johnson (Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America, Inc.)
- Mr. Scott Diamond (U. S. Voice and Data)
- Mr. Daniel Froggett (George Washington’s Mount Vernon)
- Dr. James P. Ziliak (UK Center for Poverty Research)
- Mr. Nick Nicholson (Keeneland Association, Inc.).
2013 – 2014 Schedule
All sessions begin at 11:00 a.m. in Asher Science Center 112 (unless stated otherwise)
|September 17||Mr. Kris Kimel||Science and Technology: Policy, Programs, and Entrepreneurship|
|November 5||Mr. Joe Guillory||Now What? Making the Most of your Liberal Arts Experience in a Non-Liberal Arts World|
|February 4||Mr. Jason Barnes||Life After Georgetown College|
|March 4||Mr. Alan Stein||Making Business Better|
|April 1||Mr. Mike Berry||The Business of Fun|