In order for a course taken at another institution to replace a course in the major or minor at Georgetown College, the transferred course must be evaluated by the appropriate department chair, who will generally ask to see a course description or syllabus.  Approval should be sought before taking a class in order to avoid problems.

The transferred course should count for an equal (or greater) number of hours than the Georgetown College course to be replaced.  Also, if the Georgetown College Course includes a laboratory, then the transferred course must also include a laboratory.