Students majoring in visual art find career opportunities in a wide variety of professional fields including:
- teaching in public or private schools
- management of cultural programs in city, state, or federal government agencies
- museums, galleries and other cultural institutions
- advertising, design studios, special effects and broadcasting agencies
- art critic
- art director
- art consultation
- web design
- arts administration
- commercial and private freelance studios
- fine arts
- and more.
The program also prepares students for graduate study in their areas of concentration. Art students have continued their education at:
- Edinboro University
- Morehead State University
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Kentucky
- University of Missouri-Saint Louis and
- other studio, museum, and art history programs at the graduate level.
To read stories from recent alumni, click here.