Our interest lies in cultivating the fine arts through undergraduate and faculty exploration of the arts in various modes of transmission and media, in particular, the areas in which our art department specializes: traditional media, digital media, and art history.
- GCVA – Art life in the Georgetown College Visual Art Department
Summer 2009 Blogs
- Chelsey Reid – Smithsonian summer intern, Summer 2009
- “Old Masters and Young Geniuses” – May Term class blog (Thanks to Nick Wagner for the name!)
Spring 2009 Blogs
- Spring 2008 Full Issue – while we aim to publish an online journal, we also strive for fresh, independent, innovative conceptualizations of what an online journal is and why art matters.
- Fall 2007 Full Issue– with essays by three undergraduate students. Essays include:
- Mary Alice Birdwhistell ’09 wrote about Linda Nochlin’s seminal essay “Why Have There Been No Great Women Artists?”
- Angie Chahin, ’10 art major and native of Colombia,explored the life and work of Fernando Botero, the Colombian artist best known for his robust, inflated figures.
- Amber Tacket ’07, who earned a degree with emphases in painting and art history, prepared a bibliography on the topic of “spirituality and the visual arts.” Amber’s work was part of two independent studies directed by Dr. Juilee Decker in 2006-07, one in advanced painting and a second study in art history.