General Eligibility Guidelines
- All student-athletes must be enrolled in 12 hours to be eligible to compete in a given term
- Student-athletes classified as juniors must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA to remain eligible
- Student-athletes must have passed a minimum of 24 hours during the preceding calendar year to be eligible
- To become eligible for a second year of competition a student must have passed 24 hours. For a third year, 48 hours, and for a fourth year, 72 hours.
- Repetition of courses are not included in the 24 hour rule. Example: if a student-athlete takes ENG 112 in the fall, receives a D and retakes ENG 112 in the spring, this does not count as 6 hours towards the 24 hour rule. It only replaces the original 3 hours of ENG 112.
General Athletics Preferences
- Access to syllabus for each class on-line
- Early morning classes, especially labs
- Avoidance of afternoon and early evening classes
Sport Specific Preferences
- Erik Hagen x8207
- Last scheduled class each day: 2:00 MWF and 2:10 T-T.
- Avoid afternoon labs in the spring and fall, morning or evening labs preferable. If unavoidable, afternoon labs in the fall.
Men’s Basketball (fall and spring)
- Jason Mays x7093
- Due to practice time constrictions, no classes between 3:00 and 7:30 MWF and between 3:30 and 7:30 T-T. Exception: Labs with only one meeting per week. Often professors allow students to attend other sections of labs to avoid potential conflicts.
- A minimum of 15 hours each semester.
Women’s Basketball (fall and spring)
- Susan Johnson x8060
- Last scheduled class each day: 2:00 MWF and 2:10 T-T
- Avoid T-T labs after 3:30 PM, especially Thursday during spring semester, as these are conference game days. If possible, avoid all labs ending after 3:30 PM regardless of day.
- Language labs: Attempt to avoid 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00 PM lab slots.
Cross Country (fall)
- Kevin Calhoun x7060
- Fifteen hours max load during fall semester.
- Schedule labs for morning or after 6:00 PM.
- Classes finished by 4:00 PM daily.
- Craig Mullins x7942
- If possible, no classes between the hours of 3:30 and 6:00 every day both semesters.
Golf (fall and spring)
- Flash Williams x8206
- Classes completed by 2:00 each day.
- Labs scheduled for MWF in mornings or after 5:00 PM.
- Maintain class loads of 16 hours per semester maximum.
- Men’s: Derek WIllis x7044
- Women’s: Leah Crews x7961
- Earlier classes, anything in the morning during the fall semester.
- Labs/evening classes during spring.
- Thomas Thornton x7017
- During the fall semester prefer that student-athletes take a more difficult class load than spring, as well as late afternoon classes.
- During spring semester, no more than 15 hours.
- Late classes or labs during spring semester on Mondays.
- Spring semester, last class at 1:00 PM MWF and 12:45 TT.
- Kevin Calhoun x7060
- Schedule heavier classloads during fall semester, along with any afternoon labs or seminars.
- Early morning classes preferable.
- Minimum of 15 hours each semester, prefer no more than 16 during spring.
- If labs necessary Mondays preferred both semesters.
- Heavier schedule for Tuesday-Thursday classes during spring semester.
- Nick Griffin x7019
- If at all possible, be out of class by 3:00 PM MWF and 3:25 TR during the fall semester. Save late classes for spring semester.
- Carry a minimum of 15 hours or 16 hours if there is a 4 hour class.
- Schedule Tuesday/Thursday classes when possible during the fall due to Friday/Saturday tournament play during fall semester.